Aim: To investigate the perception of drinking water quality, the factors which affect perception, and the linkages between actual and perceived drinking water quality. The perception of drinking water quality and the reasoning behind it is critical in the adoption of new drinking water sources and treatment technologies.
- Development and administration of a household and sanitary surveys
- Training of field assistants (in Spanish)
- Sampling and analysis of drinking water sources and household drinking water
- Interviewing members of the community on water, sanitation and hygiene practices
- Developing a database of results and statistical analysis of results using SPSS
- Working and living in Bellavista Nanay (a peri-urban area) in the Peruvian Amazon for nine months